Sunday, October 3, 2010

 There is a strange dichotomy about North Georgia:  homes.  A lot of hurried affluence has caused many many abandoned homes to decay within sight of the Mc Mansions that are so prevalent these days in this part of Georgia.  It is a paradise for someone like me who loves to go into these dilapidated masterpieces and snoop around.  I like the slight creeped out feeling I get being in an empty, discarded building and I also like the adrenaline rush I get from not exactly knowing if I'm going to get shot at, charged by a wild animal or surprised by some homeless person who's set up shop.  This is a porch that is caving in.  I shot this at about 9am with my 55mm lens stopped down to 2. 
 This is the door under the porch in the photo above.  C is for Clampett, right?  Like so many other things Georgia- rural- types like to leave to Mother Nature to dispose of, this door will be around for another 75 years unless it's torn down.  This is also my 55mm lens f/2
I like shooting in the morning sun.  I am awake, well rested and the light is fantastic and the weather is usually decent.  At night, while I like the light too, I find I am feeling rushed and thinking about dinner and getting my daughter off to bath and bed.  55mm f/2

1 comment:

  1. I like the first one a lot. Thanks.
    Chris Noto, also a member of the Atlanta Area Aquarium Association

    ReplyDelete